Students and Grads
STUDENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Ovintiv’s comprehensive student internship program is designed to provide a solid foundation of knowledge and practical training while giving you the opportunity to apply your studies in a real-world setting. As an intern, you’ll work closely with a mentor and be assigned a project and related responsibilities to provide you with hands-on, learning opportunities.
At Ovintiv, interns gain more than experience while working on real projects that matter to our business. With a focus on safety, innovation and finding new ways to operate more efficiently; Ovintiv is not only a place where you can learn, but one where you will also be challenged and provided the opportunity to share your perspective and ideas.
Our program provides a comprehensive experience by including:
- Lunch and learns to foster a greater understanding of the energy industry and broaden your exposure to the multi-disciplinary talent at Ovintiv
- Volunteer events to support Ovintiv’s commitment to the communities where we live and work
- Fun networking events through Ovintiv’s Young Leaders program
Available opportunities can be found here. To be considered for an intern (U.S.), student (CAN) or new graduate position, you must be eligible to work in the United States or Canada, and currently enrolled in an applicable program at a post-secondary institution.
Ovintiv’s new graduates develop skills, knowledge and a professional network through on-the-job technical training and social opportunities. As a new graduate, you’ll gain experience through meaningful project work and see the value of your contributions. New graduates are also eligible for Ovintiv’s competitive benefits package.
New Graduate Fields:
- Dedicated time in the field
- Rotations in various disciplines such as production, drilling, completions, reservoir and development
- Exposure to various disciplines including operations geology, geosteering, reservoir characterization and mapping
Finance and Accounting
- Rotations in various finance/accounting cross-border teams
- Support to pursue a CPA designation in the U.S. and Canada
- Ovintiv’s Canadian office has a CPA pre-approved program
- Rotations in land administration, land operations, and mineral land teams across our operating areas
- Exposure to cross-border land teams in both U.S. and Canada
Environment Health and Safety
- Make a difference in global climate and environmental/safety initiatives at Ovintiv