Ovintiv is committed to protecting personal information collected, used and disclosed in the conduct of its business.
Personal information generally refers to information about an identifiable individual, including information about prospective, present or former employees or other individuals. It does not include business contact information used to contact an individual for business purposes or information such as anonymous or aggregated data from which the identity of an individual cannot be determined.
This Policy applies to all individuals engaged in Company business including all employees. Contractors and other service providers are required to develop and enforce privacy policies and practices that are consistent with this Policy. Where required by law, Ovintiv will obtain the appropriate consent of individuals to collect, use and disclose personal information.
Ovintiv requires personal information to meet a variety of business-related purposes, including the following examples:
- Determining eligibility for employment (or to provide services to Ovintiv), including educational, qualification, reference and, where applicable, other background checks.
- Administering and managing employment relationships or service arrangements with Ovintiv.
- Administering employee compensation, benefits and related perquisites.
- Ensuring the safety and security of staff, external parties, our premises, property and/or assets.
- Meeting contractual, legal or other commitments (including payment obligations) to external parties, including landowners.
- Ensuring compliance with Ovintiv’s various policies and practices.
Ovintiv protects personal information by using reasonable security safeguards which are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information.
Ovintiv retains personal information to which for the period of time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or to meet statutory requirements or other legal purposes.
Upon request, individuals will be granted reasonable access and review of their personal information as required by applicable law.
All staff are required to protect personal information they may have access, be privy, or handle by virtue of their employment or service arrangements with Ovintiv. This includes an obligation to speak up and report any concerns or any actual or suspected violations of this Policy, related practices and/or applicable law. Reports may be made to our Privacy Officer at privacy@Ovintiv.com. Reports may also be made anonymously using our Integrity Hotline at 1.877.445.3222 or online through the Integrity Hotline link found at Ovintiv.com.
Violations of this Policy and its related practices may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or contractual relationships.
*Terms bolded and italicized in a policy or practice are defined in the Policies & Practices Glossary and such definitions are incorporated by reference into such policy or practice to the extent used therein.