Alberta Energy Regulator: Directive 083
This notification is for use by third-party companies looking to notify Ovintiv of at-risk offset hydraulic fracturing in its Canadian operations.
As per Alberta Energy Regulator’s Directive 083, notification of planned fracturing to all at-risk offset operators is required prior to the start of the operation.
As per Directive 083, if any Ovintiv at-risk offset wells are located within the fracture planning zone (FPZ) established, notification and the following required information can be sent to: email@example.com.
Please provide the following information:
- Subject well license and unique well identifier.
- Identified offset well license and unique well identifier.
- True vertical depth (TVD) of the fracture stimulation in subject well.
- Zone name of the fracture stimulation taking place in subject well.
- FPZ distance.
- Map of the FPZ.
- Distance from subject well to the identified offset well.
- Fracturing fluid type: energized gas(es) or high vapor pressure hydrocarbons.
- Recommended at-risk offset well control plan.
- Contact details (name, phone number and email) for the following:
- Interwellbore coordinator
- Project supervisor
- Field operations supervisor